Social icons

Autumn New In Beauty Bits

Saturday 22 September 2018

Change of season calls for an outside change. A wardrobe turn around, some new fashion items coming in, and a fretting up of beauty products. I don't really know why, but Autumn always inspires me when it comes to beauty. I guess it is because I have left my make up on the side for too long during Summer time, not standing a thing on my face, and hating the "sweaty-makeup" look. Now that the temperatures are getting more reasonable - I am in Amsterdam at the minute though, and let me tell you that here the weather is a bit too serious, why so cold already?! - I can finally stand my eyeliner which won't spread all over my eyelids, I can stand a creamy lipstick that won't melt as soon as I'll get out of the house, and, obviously, burgundy is out again! Well, I guess you get it now, I love Autumn's style, cozy sweaters and dark lips, black polished nails and grey knits. But every now and then, the makeup collections has to be updated, and this time has finally come! Yet, I am not going crazy. Once again, as with clothes, I am trying to curate my beauty drawer, to only buy what I will for sure use, and keep for more than a season. Here is my curated selection for Fall 2018.


A pop of color!

Now that the Summery colored face has gone for another year - natural blush is not a thing anymore, and I have mourned my tan already a week ago... - blush is needed again. I wanted something noticeable, but not too crazy, still discreet for a pale and blond girl like me. To find the perfect blush, I went to & Other Stories. It is not by definition a makeup brand, but their range is just beautiful, and I have to stop myself from buying everything. The quality is great, and the products are not agressive to the skin - my sensitive so pale, god face has never suffered from any issue with their products. So this Fall, I went for their Applebloom Pink Blusher. This shade is the prefect transitional one, not too pink, not too bold, just enough to give life to your cheeks, in a discreet and elegant way. The formula is also great, a powdery blush easy to apply and that will feel like nothing's on your face!
Apple bloom Pink Blusher, & Other Stories

An iconic shade

On my lips, during the colder seasons, I tend to be pretty bold. I love a dark burgundy, a deep red, or even a crazy purple, but not this year - or at least not for now. I have decided this fall to finally get my hand on an iconic lipstick, Charlotte's Tilbury Pillow Talk. I know, it has nothing to do with what I usually go for, bu this color is just to pretty to not be tried on. First of all, let me say that I really like the formula of those lipsticks, which are creamy but not sticky, and most of all, long lasting. As for the shade, it is discreet yet noticeable. Looks like this is my moto for this Autumn... But actually, what else could we ask for? This pretty pink is just what we need to bring a pop of color to an autumnal look, to give some life to the face in an elegant yet cheeky way.
Luscious Lip Slick in Pillow Talk, Charlotte Tilbury

The power of the eyes

If I had to stick to only one makeup product, it would definitely be my mascara. For me, it is the basis to all of my makeup looks, a much needed ally. Last Spring, I gave a try to the Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara, and since then it has become my partner in crime. I love the formula and most of all the look it gives, how big and defined, yet fluffy, my lashes look. I have used it all Summer in the sweat proof waterproof version, and am now ready to go back to the original, much more easier to remove. An autumn new in but most of all, a soon to become all time favorite.
Monsieur Big, Lancôme


The dark side

Even if I tend to go towards more neutral colors at the moment, there is one aspect of my beauty routine that I like dark and bold during Autumn and Winter, it is my nails. I love a bright and vibrant color in Spring and Summer, but even though I enjoy a neutral all year round, Autumn is my happy season nail wise because it is the time when I can finally bring back the black and burgundy shades. I already have a rather impressive collection - I had my nail polishes moment few years ago - but to add an item to the collection once in a while is always a guilty pleasure. When it comes to nail polishes, I like to turn towards Chanel and Dior, but this year the former one convinced me with one amazing shade, "Profondeur". Chanel's nail polish team definitely nailed it - see what I did there? This shade is the perfect Fall burgundy, a color that will for sure seat on my nails for quite some weeks.
"Profondeur" Nail Polish, Chanel Beauty


The smell of Autumn

To buy a new perfume is something I like to do approximately twice a year, generally at the start of Spring and Autumn. So this September, I went on the hunt for a new scent. As everybody, I have my favorite brands when it comes to perfume, and Chloé is by far my first choice. I own every perfume they ever created. I love all of the scents, and people around me associates those perfumes to me whenever they smell it. So I finally got my hand on their latest release, "Nomade". The scent is composed of cherry plum, freesia and oak moss. This mix results into a feminine smell, balancing perfectly between sugary notes and mossy ones. An Autumn smell, reminding us of cherry plums picking at the end of the Summer, and autumnal walks in the woods.
Nomade, Chloé

Beauty ready for Autumn..

xo

Amy





Post a Comment