Social icons

Book Review: Revenge Wears Prada

Wednesday 1 February 2017

It's been quite a long time since I last published a book review. I actually read a lot for university those past months, and my spare time readings have been gathered in my December Favorite Books post. But today I wanted to talk to you about this book, 'Revenge Wears Prada', that I actually read for the first time more than a year ago by now. I only tell you about it now because I recently decided to read some chapters again, just to have a nice book to read on the plane or when I need a break from my essays writing. However I found myself reading it all over again. I was way to into it not to share it with you. 

You obviously know 'The Devil Wears Prada', Lauren Weisberger best seller turned into a movie that might be the favorite one of a whole generation. And 'Revenge Wears Prada' is a quite awesome sequel. It took me a little time to go back into it. I couldn't really remember my reading of the first book - quite different from the movie - and so I had some difficulties at first. However I quickly met up again with my favorite characters and Weisberger's smooth writing. Andy has now gone a long way since Runway. She has her magazine, Emily is her new best friend, she is about to get married, and well, live a lot of exciting things. However, out of nowhere, the devil - better known as Miranda - comes back into her life and slowly but surely tries to ruin it one more time. I won't give away much more. This book was actually full of surprises. Every chapter ending was a cliffhanger, and pushed me to read the next one right away. I don't think I had ever read a book that quickly actually. 

For fashion lovers, love stories lovers, life lovers, this book is the right one. Everything about it is lovable. It is well written, it is funny, it is sometimes sad - I cried several times - but most of all, it is life. 

xo

Amy

Post a Comment