Social icons

A Christmassy Day

Wednesday 20 December 2017

Christmas is simply the best time of the year. It is a time for giving and sharing, a moment made for spending time with your family and the ones you love. Since forever now, I love Christmas. It is, to me, a period filed with beautiful and warming memories, a moment where I can settle and simply enjoy, without thinking about anything else. But the Christmas day in itself, the day where the magic happens, is not everything. All the preparation that is happening before that is equally important, and it is only thanks to that that Christmas can be. That is why those Christmassy days matter so much.

A christmassy day, to me, is a day where you wear christmas leggings and chunky sweater, a day where you can just relax and think about Christmas, only. Today, I am wearing this very wintery outfit, and drinking hot chocolate by the fire. So cliché but oh so nice. Christmas music or a Christmas movie in the background, maybe a good and cosy book, sitting in my favorite armchair. There are obviously some marshmallows in my mug, and some christmas cookies in a festive plate by my side. I have lit the Christmas tree, there is some snow remaining outside, but the sun is shining and I can see that it is cold and crispy. I cosy up a bit more, finish my hot chocolate, and add the final  decoration the house. Maybe later, a bit of baking, but before that, I spend hours wrapping christmas presents, making them pretty, making them look festive. The night is coming quickly, and the fire is warming up my home and my heart. Christmas is a time for sharing time, love, and presents. But it is also a time where I cherish those lonely moments. Those moments when all is calm, all is bright. A perfect Christmassy day, just like the ones in Christmas tales. 

xo

Amy

Post a Comment