Social icons

Cinnamon Buns Recipe

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Christmas is in two weeks, I al listening to Michael Bublé's 'Blue Christmas', and the Christmas spirit is definitely living inside me. I won't be home before one week, yet I did not wait to think about Christmas and start celebrating. Last weekend my boyfriend and I went to a Christmas market in the cute little town of Haarlem, we drank hate chocolates and bought Belgian chocolates, while looking at the marvelous Christmas tree on the main square. I have Christmas presents all around my bedroom, and Christmas music on repeat while working, and Christmas movies playing in the evenings. Since Christmas is just around the corner, and I am in the perfect mood for that, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite recipe for this time of year, the cinnamon bun. Cinnamon and a Scandinavian recipe, how much more can you get into the Christmas spirit? 

As always, the recipe I am using are not mine, I am not such a chef. So today I am sharing with you  one coming from "The Recipe Critic", which is the one I always go for. I just put it in a bun rather than a roll. Check out her blog for more amazing food!

The dough
- 2  3/4 cup of flour (no matter which kind)
- 3 table spoon of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 of milk
- 2 table spoon of unsalted butter
- 1 large egg

In a large bowl mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast together. In another bowl over a water-bath heat the butter with the water and the milk until the butter is completely melt. Mix the butter mixture with the flour's mix bowl. Add the egg. Then, knead with your hands until the dough is not sticky anymore. Place the mixture into a greased bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes. 
Preheat the oven at 200°C. 

The filling
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter softened to room température
- 2 table spoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar

Cut the dough in the shape wanted: 15x9 centimeters rectangle for rolls. For the buns it is slightly more delicate, and I leave it to Pretty Simple Sweet to explain that perfectly! Her recipe is also a good one if you fancy a change.  Then spread the softened butter and the dough, mix the cinnamon and the sugar together and sprinkle the mix on the butter. Shape the bun or the roll in the shape you prefer!
Put the buns in a greased square pan, put a aluminium foil on top of it, lightly. After that turn off the oven that has been preheating, and leave the bun to rise in it for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and turn on the oven on 190°C and let it bake for 15 to 20 minutes until they become golden. 

The glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of milk

Mix the three ingredients together until smooth and lump free, and drizzle the mix on the buns while they are still warm. 


Nothing better than a cinnamon bun by the fire, with Christmas music in the background.

xo

Amy

Post a Comment