Social icons

Better Habits

Saturday 10 February 2018

As I told you in my first post of the year, I am not the kind of girl who takes resolutions. And even less the kind of girl who keeps them. But everyday, I try to do a bit more. To fix myself goals. I did not really want to write this article at first, because I thought that all of my new good habits will soon disappear, but as the days went by, I saw that for once I was keeping up with them. It can be very simple and silly habits, but if I had to set myself a goal for 2018, I would certainly say that I want to feel better. Both physically and mentally. So I do baby steps. Little by little. I try to drink more water, to have a clearer skin, a healthier body, to appreciate myself a bit more. I try to eat better food, but at this, I am failing for now. Digestives biscuits are still part of my diet apparently. Yet I try to work out. Biking everyday for at least 30 minutes, and this ridiculous 7 minutes work out app, a new daily habit I will try to stick to. I also wake up earlier in the morning, and then have to go sooner to bed at night. A beauty and healthy sleep. 

But the body is far from being my number one priority. My mind is always on my mind. My anxieties are no history yet, they are still part of the present, of the every day. So I continue keeping my diary. I write all of my frustrations, all of my stresses, my anxious thoughts, and life goes on, without all of this negativity on my mind. I also try to do more things. To be more active in my everyday life, to see more people, to be a little bit more adventurous, social, but also to enjoy the moments I spend by myself, without seeing them as bad things. This does lead me to my new better habit. More self love. More self care. Trying to put myself first. Trying to understand that I count, and that sometimes, I can come first. Trying to accept more of who I am. Also trying to accept my bad habits. The ones I have trouble getting ride off. Just trying to get used to better ones.

xo

Amy

Post a Comment