Social icons

My Skincare Routine

Saturday 3 February 2018

Today I would like to talk you through my skincare. I never did any blogpost about it, and maybe I actually needed time to find the right products, the right routine. To be completely happy with my skin. For around six months, I have followed the exact same routine, morning and evening. I obviously, sometimes, fail, and go to bed with my make up still on. Yet I am trying to get rid off this rare, but bad habit. Also, I try to keep the list of products I use as small as I can. To mix too many things on your face is definitely not a good way to take care of it. Another lesson that I learnt, is that for skincare, you should definitely go away from cheap products, and not even turn to high end makeup brands, but rather go for pharmacy products. French pharmacy is for sure the best when it comes to skin care. It is a little bit pricy, but still affordable, and a good value for money. 

My morning routine is very simple. I clean my sleepy face with the Micellar Water Crealine H2O by Bioderma, with a coton pad. Then, the following step depends on the state of my skin. If I have pimples, I will use the Mario Badescu drying lotion, just apply some on them, and let it dry for a couple of minutes. After that, time for moisturizing. I never miss this step, whether it is for the face or the body. On very bad days, when my skin is terribly dry (especially in winter) I use the Ictyane Anti-Dryness Cream, very rich, pretty heavy, but it does feel very good and leave your skin extremely nourished, a real savior. I actually use the body cream version all over my body after the shower, it leaves my skin nourished and smooth. 
However, if my skin feels all right, I will use the Avène Tolerance Extreme Emulsion. It is also very hydrating, but it is far lighter and perfect as a base for make up, to avoid direct contact of your foundation with your skin. After this step, I can go on to my make up. 

At nigh my routine is almost the same. I remove my make up with the Bioderma Micellar Water, with a cotton pad. It is a very good make up remover, and even leave my lashes completely free from the 'Better Than Sex' Too Faced Waterproof Mascara, which can be a real hell to get rid off. If I have pimple, I will use the Avène Cicafalte Repair Cream. I apply it on my active pimples and let it sink in. Most of the time, the morning after they will be completely dry. For my scars, I will then go for the A-Derma Dermalibour Repairing Cream, which contains copper and zinc, two needed elements in order for your skin to repair. I let it sink in, and most of the time two applications are needed for the scars to really disappear. 

That is it for my skincare routine, pretty simple and quick, but I am very happy with the results. My skin is most of the time clear, hydrated and smooth. I think I have finally found the right combination!

xo
Amy

Post a Comment