Social icons

A Day in Poetry X

Wednesday 31 January 2018

I always thought she was a cool girl
I thought she was this kind of girl,
The one you look at in the street,
Think that it must be nice to be her

I always thought she was a nice girl
Nice with people,
Nice to chat with
The kind of girl everybody wanted to know

I always thought
She was a pretty girl
The kind of girl who brings out envy,
Who brings out jealousy

I always thought she was a cool girl
The one hanging out with everyone
The one getting invited to every party
The one who was part of everything

I always thought she was a smart girl
Always first row in class
Always the good grades
Always the pride

I always thought she was the girl a boy would fall in love with
For all of that reasons
Who would fall in love
With the nice, pretty, cool, smart girl

I never saw me as the nice, pretty, cool, smart girl
I was the uncool, shy, stupid, ugly girl with no boy to be loved by

And one day you found me
And that day you showed me
How delusional,
How stupid, for that, I have been
How wrong, all the way, I was

This nice, pretty, cool, smart girl,
Was not so nice, pretty, cool, or smart
I was just getting blind looking at her
Forgetting to look at my own reflexion
But you unveiled my blurry eyes
And that day, I became the nice, pretty, cool, smart,
And happy girl

No more delusional,
Just unveiled
By the delicate hand of a nice, pretty, cool, smart boy

xo

Amy

Post a Comment