Social icons

Transitional Look: Summer meets Autumn

Wednesday 12 September 2018

I loved this Summer 2018, and I also loved the pieces and items that I bought during this season. I have tried to make smart choices, and conscious purchases that would fit my curated Summer wardrobe. So when Autumn arrived few days ago, I did not want to let go those amazing pieces. I left a sunny and hot Barcelona to come back to a gloomy and chilly Geneva. My sweaters had to come back to the front of my wardrobe, while my swimsuits will stay for another year at the back of it. However, still today, I am not ready to leave Summertime behind. So today I am sharing with you one of my favorite transitional look. 

I always dress with the weather. I hate being too hot or too cold, so when it is chilly, I wear a light sweater, even if I want to cry because it is only September the 1st... But I do. Same for the bottom. No more shorts, now jeans are back, and since my mood is darker in those back to school days, like the sky, I went for a black one, slightly washed and cut at ankle length. However, when it comes to accessories, I am not letting go of my beloved Summer accessories. At my feet, my emblematic Summer sneakers, the Superega, which I praised in this post. In my hands, my - new - basket bag. Yes, new, I know, how could have I bought another basket bag at the end of the Summer? Well, I got good arguments for you. First of all, it is a round basket bag, which I did not own before, and one of a rather great size, meaning not too big, meaning not only made for the beach, meaning okay to wear in the city. My other argument is that I was on holidays, and well, I did not count what I spent. Last but not least, it is a handmade basket bag, made in a cute little store of Barcelona - more to come soon in my Travel Diary! - , so I was sold. I just love the combination of this emblematic Summer bag with  sweater and a pair of jeans. It is the perfect contrast to illustrate the transition between Summer and Autumn. Lastly, I still got my sunglasses on my nose, because I am not ready to let go of that. Make up wise, I turned a little bit towards Autumn with the come back of my wing high liner, yet I kept my light pink lipstick. 

My look says "balance", between Summer and Autumn, it screams "transition" and "back to school", but Summer is still on my mind...

xo

Amy

Post a Comment