Social icons

A Day in Poetry XII

Wednesday 3 October 2018

Doesn't it all end the same way? 
Aren't we all made to be consumed, 
To be possessed, 
And finally, to be left alone? 

Doesn't it all end the same way? 
Is it wrong when I say you don't know me yet? 
Is it wrong when I yell you still don't understand?
After all those years, 
You still get me wrong. 
And tears are still falling down on my red cheeks. 

Doesn't it all end the same way? 
The start is always glorious and wonderful. 
Laughters and smiles at every minute, 
Sex and kisses every time we meet. 
Then it ends.

Ends to leave an empty spot. 
No more kisses, no more laughters. 
Instead, a reversed smile and solely a natural will for sex.
The person that what sat across the table every morning is not anymore. 
The person who used to fall asleep spooning me is now sleeping alone. 
Or with another me. 
A better me. 

But I try to stop crying. 
She, one day or another, will end the same way. 
He will make her cry. 
Push her too far.
Then leave, pretending she was not good enough. 
That it wasn't the right moment, the right version of herself. 
Or who knows which stupid excuse he will find. 

Doesn't it all end the same way? 
Isn't it why every fairytale ends up at the same point, 
When the two lovers finally meet and get to live their love?
We never get to know how life unfolds after those few magic words, 
"And they lived happily ever after".
I cannot help but think, how long is ever
For us, ever was thousands of days. 
Millions of minutes. 
Many months.
Already too many years, maybe. 

But didn't it all start the same way?
Aren't we all built with the same clay? 
I don't know, yet I cannot help but think so,
When every morning, I wake up in the coldness of my lonely bed, 
Seat alone at the breakfast table, 
Close my eyes every night only cuddled by your memory;
Now that you left, now that it ended up the same way. 
As it always does.


October 1st 2018
Amy

Post a Comment