Social icons

Love letter

Thursday 3 November 2016

Dear beloved,

    I wanted to write you this letter because I think that sometimes I tend to forget to tell you what I feel and how much you matter for me. So I thought to write it down would be the best way to say it all.
    I met you almost three years ago now, time flies by your side. I can't believe it already has been three years since we met at this bus stop, three years since I thought "Wow, this man looks nice and he's also handsome", and I did blush hidden into my scarf when you talked to me. It seems so far away but still so close. But three years went on, and now we are together in Amsterdam, trying to deal with our news lives, trying to learn how to do things right. Sometimes I can't help but wonder, "Why does he stay with me? I do not deserve him". You do not talk that much, but sometimes I can read in your eyes and I feel fine. 
    Yet I know for sure what I will never walk away from you. You are the kindest, the smartest, the funniest, the more talented, the coolest, the most amazing man I have ever met in my life, and I know that I'm the luckiest girl on earth. I admire you for what you do, for your determination in your work, for your passion for your music, for your generosity, the way you can calm me down when I feel like everything is falling apart. I do not address you all of those compliments only because I love you as my boyfriend, but also because already when we were just friends I knew you were an amazing person. The kind of person you only meet once in your life and you should never let go. 
   I know we had some hard times, and I admire how you stayed by my side even in the roughest moments. I'm looking forward to create much more memories by your side, to live much more experiences, to plan many more projects with you. I know, it isn't always that easy. But I love you, even if I maybe don't say that enough. I do. You matter to me. I wanted you to know that, I wanted you to remind you how important you are to me. I hope you know, even though I try to show it to you as much as I can, I thought I would write it down in a love letter.
    I love you, you know that? And I don't think I will ever stop. 

Amy

Post a Comment