Social icons

A Springy Makeup

Saturday 21 April 2018

As I get older, I find myself being more and more into beauty. And the change of season is always a good excuse opportunity to get some new products and change your look. I get inspired by some beauty bloggers, youtubers, but also fashion magazines, and always end up buying product I am a hundred percent sure will match what I am waiting for. For this season I then purchased some new products, things I have heard about and fitted my Springy make up envies. But the words to follow were "fresh, light, and simple". We are off to a very hot Spring - 28 degrees on the 19th of April are you kidding me - and when temperatures are rising, all I want is to feel like nothing is on my face. I can't stand a sticky and skinny face, where your skin is struggling to breathe under all this makeup, only added to the fact that it is already dying with sweat. 
So I keep my basis simple. Before getting into the coverage, I apply a small drop of Chantecaille Liquid Lumière Highlighter all over my face, for an instantly glowy effect. It leaves your skin radiant and does work perfectly under your foundation or tinted moisturizer. Yet I have never been really into heavy coverage anyway - thanks amazing skincare routine! - so I stick to a BB Cream, yet I changed of product for this new season. I went for the Garnier BB cream Miracle skin perfector, and I am not gonna lie, the name of this basis is so true. My skin looks flawless and unified even though the coverage is minimal. It looks healthy and glowy, radiant with light and natural shimmer. Yet it does not do the job for my massive under eye bags - thesis writing is a killer - or my blemishes - amazing skincare but terrible periods. So in order to hide those disgracious areas, I stay faithful for my all time favorite, the Bourjois CC cream. Applied with a foundation brush it does camouflage those red areas in the best ways, without needing to put to much product on your face. 

Now that the basis is done, the goal for Spring time is to look healthy and glowy - how unrealistic after this damn winter. In order to do that, I use my all time favorite, the Bagsy cream blush in Velvet Rose, for its dewy and natural effect. It leaves your cheeks rosy and healthy looking. And to add a little bit of shimmer and dewiness, I tap a little bit of the Chantecaille highlighter I used as a basis on the top of my cheekbones, under my eyebrows, and on the arch of my nose. But always stay light handed, you do not want to look sweaty, just glowy. 
Last but not least, my two favorites: lashes and lips. Mascara wise, I love always testing new products from various brands, whether high street or luxury ones. And recently I gave a try to the Lancôme Monsieur Big mascara, and oh my, how amazing that is. It is so volumizing and separate the lashes so well that your eyes just look so much bigger and awake. A real dream, and not even a nightmare to get rid off! Lips wise, I could have wrote down a list of all my favorite Spring lipstick like I did last year, but being honest, this year I have one only lover: the Dior Lipglow in 101. How amazing and beautiful this look. It is natural, adapts itself to the carnation of your lips, and just give that perfect dewy finish that we are all craving for. Just ends up this fresh, light, and simple Spring look. 

xo

Amy

Post a Comment