Social icons

Autumn Capsule Wardrobe

Wednesday 7 November 2018
@icovetthee

I am more and more willing to get a good - not to say better - use of my wardrobe. I do own a lot of garments obviously, and that I accumulated with the years. But basically, my tastes change with time, and the things I wore three years ago I am not a big fan of anymore... So this Summer I sold some of my belongings, and decided to purchase some pieces that won't get old, neither in the fashion world, nor in my liking. Today I then want to share with you my Autumn capsule wardrobe, telling you about some basics that I already own, but also sharing with you some new season pieces that I included, and believe that I'll keep if not forever, for a while.

Fall is, in a sense, the new Spring. So to reuse pieces from your Spring and Summer capsule wardrobes would be my first tip. One of my most worn pieces today is my gingham trouser, and every day the sun has shined this fall, and the temperatures have been high enough, I took them out to enjoy the beautiful days Autumn can offer us. Obviously, this gingham trouser can be paired with any of your tee-shirt that you bought this Summer, or own for years. The only thing to do is add a cardigan, and here I have a good little number for you. This Mango cardigan is a beautiful piece that you should have in your wardrobe, because not only it will be your ally this Fall, but all year long. This is for sure of staple of my capsule wardrobe. Another of them, which is the perfect transitional piece is a denim jacket. Black, light wash, white, pink or natural, no matter the color, any of them will be the perfect one, as long as it does fit your wardrobe pieces! It is important to keep in mind when you buy a new piece, whether it will or not go with your belongings hanging in your closet. I know it can be easy to fall in love with a purple denim jacket, almost too beautiful to be true, but keep in mind that in fashion as in every day life, you sometimes have to follow your brain, and not your heart... I never told you that conscious fashion was an easy game to play!

This first part is certainly fitted for the 'good' days of Fall. But let's be true to ourselves, Autumn can quickly become very chilly not to say cold. At some point, we'll have to say goodbye to denim jackets and light trousers, to go back to jeans, knits and coats. After all, it is already November, and temperatures are no dropping. Concerning jeans, I would advise you to own one from every wash and color, naming grey, black, blue, and light wash. Those are the basics, and will keep you company during every season, but also for years if you find your perfect cut and brand. Personally, I mainly shop at Zara and TopShop, which produce real denim that will last you for years. 
Knitwear wise, it is hard for me to give you any tip. I'm not gonna lie, that's my guilty pleasure, and maybe one of the only reason why I love cold weather. But once again, my tip would be to choose according to what you already have. Don't go for something too similar, choose colors and shapes that will go with your bottoms and coats, and be careful when it comes to the material. Good quality fabrics is also something that we shouldn't leave behind. I tend to go for knits that contain wool, or cashmere, so they keep me warm, and if washed correctly will last for long. I've listed here some of my favorites from this season's high street brands. 

Last but not least, outerwear. I try not to buy too many coats and jackets, simply for the reason that they take way too much space in my wardrobe. So I am very strict with myself. This year, however, I will treat myself to a new coat, since it has been years since I did not. On the highstreet market, I believe that Zara has very good options, so I might fall for this lovely and definitely affordable piece... Zara Masculine Coat, now I just have to choose between camel and light grey! 
Shoes wise, a pair of boots is a must have. This year, I fell for those Zara - wish I was sponsored - ones, leather free, and just perfect for the colder season! 

So I guess that is all for my capsule wardrobe! I hope you'll get inspired by it, and find some good pieces to add to your curated closet!

xo

Amy

Post a Comment