Social icons

A Day in Poetry II

Tuesday 17 May 2016
 

You're such a lovely boy,

But...


Why would you kiss me? 
Nobody wants to dive in that sea.
Insane.
Uncertain.

You're such a lovely boy,
But...

Why would you stay with me?
Don't you understand who I long to be?
Heartless.
And I don't know why,
But it leaves you breathless.

You're such a lovely boy,
But...

Why would you fall for me?
Here there is nothing left to see.
Am I pretty? Am I lovely?
Don't be bad.
Don't answer yes.
You'll make me mad.
You'll be pitiless.

You're such a lovely boy,
But...

Why would you love me?
Tell me why, please pretty.
I hate living under this sky.
I loved you better when you were shy.

You were such a lovely boy,
But...

Here it is.
A hundred tears.
When you were about to fall.
Not for the girl I am,
But for the one you wanted me to be.
You realized.
You opened your eyes.
I am no more lovable.
You are no more reachable. 

You were such a lovely boy,
But...

You left, I stayed.
I knew, you hoped.
Summertime faded away
And you are no more than a memory in a child's play.

I wish you would have stay.
You were such a lovely boy.

Post a Comment