Social icons

A Day in... Leyden

Monday 30 July 2018

To leave the Netherlands after two years spent there was a hard step to take. The last week, I was not feeling good, sad and nostalgic to be leaving. So my boyfriend and I decided to make the most of those last few days. We rented pedal boats, strolled around areas of the cities we've never been to, and took a day trip to Leyden. This day trip literally felt like a holiday. Amsterdam is a very nice place to live, don't get me wrong, yet Leyden was such a cute town. People were way more chilled and friendly, natives for most of them which was also very nice to help us dive into the Dutch culture. Amsterdam is losing its identity because of people like me, foreigners making a living there. Yet Leyden has not fallen into this terrible vicious circle.We got lost into this typical Dutch town, and enjoyed a beautiful day under the sun. No need to visit anything, to be fair. The best way to discover is to not have a plan, stop to eat an ice cream along the canal, or cross every bridge you meet. A beautiful memory, that made my departure a little less bitter. Yet still, I'll miss you, the Netherlands.








xo

Amy

Post a Comment